Before agreeing to let any new applicants into your group, It’s important to screen them to make sure they’ll fit into the existing group and that their commitment level is high. Decide in advance how many people should be in your group (5-8 is recommended), and only allow new members into the group with the unanimous consent of everyone in the group.
- Do you have a personal or business mission or vision statement?
- What are your five-year goals?
- Where will you find time to participate in the MasterMind Group?
- What is your commitment to moving forward in your business and personal life?
- Why should you be chosen to participate in this group?
Even with a screening process your group is likely to run across people who say that they?re committed but then don?t participate, or who say that they?re honest but then fail to keep the trust of the group. Be prepared to ask people to leave the group who are not participating up to the group standard and do it quickly once the poor behavior becomes evident. A slacking member will bring down the energy and fun level for the whole group.